Monday, July 19, 2010

Zucchini Fritters



If you have ever experienced the food at Olive You, a Mediterranean restaurant in Greenwood (unfortunately closed at the moment), you may be fortunate enough to have tried their zucchini fritters. They are like lovely little fried pillows of happiness. I have missed these since they closed last year, so I thought I could just create my own.

There is no real science behind this recipe. I started with 2 eggs beaten with a splash of milk...then salt, pepper, one whole zucchini shredded, and a handful of gluten-free bread crumbs. Another handful of reduced-fat feta just felt right. Next, just heat up a skillet with olive oil and begin the cooking. I piled the goop into piles that were no bigger than if you were making cookies, to make it easier to flip. Serve with tahini, hummus, or my husband's favorite: ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment